Since 1977 Adelaide Baroque has established a tradition of leadership in the field of authentic early music performance. This achievement is made possible not only by the dedication of its principal artists and colleagues, but also through the support of Arts SA, the Australia Council and its generous patrons and donors.
It has revitalised known baroque repertoire, and brought to life freshly discovered and newly commissioned works. Adelaide Baroque provides a distinguished concert platform for the best local and national baroque performers, and visiting international guest artists.
The organisation has:
- collaborated with South Australia's leading music high school, Marryatville High School on a major international music education project
- has had a strong and successful relationship with South Australian Department of Industry and Trade and Austrade
- staged well-regarded baroque master class programs
- performed internationally to critical acclaim, undertaking tours to Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and mainland China
- commissioned a series of new works for period instruments from composers including Tristram Cary, Quentin Grant, Natalie Williams and Anne Cawrse.
Adelaide Baroque continues to foster the development of young musicians through the Music Foundry.