Café Zimmermann III - 2013
23rd February 2013
Café Zimmermann III builds on the successes of two previous sell-out Festival performances.
This cabaret-style concert recreates the atmosphere of Gottfried Zimmermann’s coffee houses in Leipzig where coffee, conversation and a great appetite for music were equally nourished.
Telemann, Bach and others led the student orchestra Collegium Musicum in championing not only their own secular works but also those of many of their contemporaries.
Hear concerti and vocal works performed with their original instrumentation - Shared tables, great baroque music, and bring-your-own-nibbles/eats/drinks.
Hear works including:
- JS Bach Brandenburg Concerto No 4 in G Major BWV 1049
- JS Bach Harpsichord Concerto in A Major BWV 1055
- GP Telemann Concerto in B♭ for Recorders and Strings TWV 52 a 2
- GP Telemann Quartet for recorder, violin, viola and BC TWV 43 g 4
- GF Handel Cantata for Soprano and strings ‘Agrippina’ HWV 110
Soprano - Louisa Perfect
Violins - Ben Dollman, Simone Slattery. Katerina Stevens
Viola - Anna Webb
Cello - Kate Morgan
Recorders – Lynton Rivers, Brendan O'Donnell
Easily choose your own table: book online: http://www.trybooking.com/CFSD - with instant ticketing!
for offline bookings, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org